If you’re thinking of starting a business, the following is a step-by-step checklist to help get your business off the ground:
Research and validate your business idea.
- Define your unique value proposition.
- Identify potential customers and market demand.
- Conduct a competitive analysis.
Form a legal business entity.
- Choose a business structure (LLC, S-Corp, etc.).
- Register your business name.
- Obtain necessary licenses and permits.
Prepare a business plan to include:
- Executive summary.
- Company description.
- Market analysis.
- Financial projections.
- Funding requirements.
Fund your business.
- Bootstrap financing.
- Seek investments from friends and family.
- Apply for small business loans or grants.
- Crowdfund capital.
Find a location.
- Home-based or rented office/retail space.
- Buy or lease equipment.
- Set up utilities, computers, phones, etc.
Build your team.
- Define roles and responsibilities.
- Develop processes and reporting structures.
- Hire employees or outsource contractors.
- Create brand identity and assets.
- Build a website and online presence.
- Network and form partnerships.
- Promote the launch on social media.
Track your progress.
- Set goals and track the metrics.
- Solicit customer feedback.
- Refine products and marketing.
BersonDeanStevens has been a recognized brand strategy and marketing leader for over 25 years. We work in partnership with you to differentiate your brand and achieve your business goals. Client list.