A simple and effective way to build your business is to use direct mail to drive prospects to your web site. Combining offline communications, such as direct mail, with your online communications provides a more powerful approach.
Google, one of the most well known and largest internet businesses, uses direct-mail to offer prospects $100 worth of free PPC advertising.
People put greater trust in information they receive by mail, and they’re more likely to read physical mail than email, which often gets deleted without being looked at.
To make the most of the powerful combination of direct mail and online marketing, you should:
• Capture your prospects’ attention and interest so they stop what they are doing and visit your website. Your headline should arouse curiosity and offer a benefit. Give them a reason to go to your web site: something like a discount coupon or a free report; or a video – something that will make their life better. Motivate them to take action.
• Incorporate a call-to-action. Ask them to visit your web site. Don’t provide multiple call-to-actions. Make your web site address prominent. Make every step clear and easy to follow.
• Use a simple URL. make it easy for prospects to type in the URL, since they can’t click on a link.
• Offer an incentive to opt in. One of the most critical reasons for getting your prospects to your web site is to capture their contact information. You want them to opt in. Give them a good reason to do it, like a bonus or some valuable information. Keep your opt-in page copy short and simple with clean directions on how to opt in.
• Design a compelling and simple landing page. Once prospects have opted in and have arrived at your sales page, you want them to be willing to read your letter, watch your video or do whatever it is you’ve set up for them. The page has to be attractive, interesting and easy to read, with a list of benefits that can be quickly scanned.
• Use consistent branding and messaging across all media. Don’t confuse your prospect. Present one clear message and call-to-action.
Grow your business with online and offline marketing – call Lori at 877.447.0134.
Why You Need To Think Differently About Your Web Site
Do you really have a successful web site? Is it helping you achieve your business goals?
Most web sites aren’t. Unfortunately most business web sites still act more like “brochures” than sources of new customers. They might look okay, but typically they aren’t engaging, relevant, or effective… and more importantly, they aren’t generating new sales.
Most organizations and business professionals would love to have a stronger web presence, but they aren’t sure how to accomplish it. Many get sold on pretty photos, fancy animations or the latest gimmick. In fact, it takes a lot of different elements working together to produce a web site that’s good for your business.
Here are proven tactics that we’ve used over and over to deliver extraordinary results when all the elements are in place.
These proven tactics will create new and better sales opportunities, with increased lifetime value from each client.
If you’d like to increase the performance from your business web site, check out the list below. You will find straightforward ideas that can dramatically change the way you think about your online presence and the returns you’ll receive.
Ten Tips to Create a Business Web Site That Generates Sales:
1. Know who your customers are. Identify their personas and develop your content for them as individuals.
2. Include content with substance. Content that is relevant and indexable by the search engines.
3. Develop a content strategy and plan that solves customer problems. It should be educational, informative, and actionable.
4. Include targeted relevant offers with strong call-to-actions to illicit a response.
5. Partner with the key stakeholders (internal and external) and an agency to establish goals, implement tactics, measure and analyze results, and refine your web site.
6. Add a blog. Share knowledge and make sure your content attracts visitors. Don’t turn off your audience with strictly promotional content.
7. Optimize your site for the search engines. You want to be found easily by prospects.
8. Use social media channels to connect and share with prospects.
9. Continually update your web site. You cannot set it and forget it. Building your online presence takes time and effort. Producing fresh compelling content is an ongoing process.
10. Monitor, measure, and analyze your statistics. Go beyond your visitor count and learn what leads were generated and how, what offers converted to sales, the most visited pages, what devices and operating systems were used, and analyze your competition. It’s critical you stay informed and actively manage and refine your web site with that knowledge.
These strategies will ensure your business web site is profitable. Remember a successful web site is a living breathing entity and needs fresh compelling content on a regular basis.
To generate leads and increase sales from your web site call 877.447.0134 today.